Sunday, June 27, 2010

He did it!

Gavin did it! He has successfully used the potty now for 2 weeks and counting. My little guy woke up on the morning of June 12th, and just decided diapers were for babies and wanted to use the big boy potty. He had some major hesitation about wearing underwear but after that battle was over and after watching Polar Express (yes, the xmas movie) for 1.5 hours on the potty, Gavin did it. He jumped up with a huge grin on his face ran around naked screaming "I did it! I did it!" Then he proceeded to do the potty dance. He was so excited he even ran outside naked to share the good news with his daddy. We are so proud of our little guy and can't believe he is growing up so fast!




As a reward for using the potty, Gavin earned a trip to the Museum of Flight! He loves looking at the planes and his favorite part is touring the Concord and Air Force One. It worked out perfectly that we were able to make this our Father's Day outing as well. Not sure who had more fun, Gavin or Bryan....unfortunately I didn't get any pics of Bryan enjoying his time at the museum.

Running towards the entrance of the museum.

Pretending to fly an airplane.

So much to look at, where should we go next. (Honestly, Bryan and I had a hard time keeping up with him.....he was so excited to see every single plane).

1 comment:

Nana said...

I am so happy that Gavin has decided he is going to get rid of the nasty diapers. Yes -- he is growing up fast. But -- I think he will be upset with you when he grows up and see the photos you posted. LOL Cute photos from the Museum of Flight. Maybe he will be a pilot like Uncle Mark. Love and Hugs, Nanners