Wednesday, February 2, 2011

4 months....already!!!

Andrew had is 4 month check up today. Weighing in at 15lb 1oz (50-75th %ile) and 25 in long (75th %ile). He is a growing boy! Dr. Eldred said he looked like a healthy, strong, thriving little guy. Andrew did great getting poked and prodded and was sure to give the doctor an earful when he didn't like something that was going on. It was pretty funny to hear him "talk" to her in a stern tone!

There is a little concern that Andrew may have an intolerance to milk (a variety of things indicate the possibility: like spitting up more than he should, a rash on his face, and excessive gas) so we are going to try Soy formula for a week to see if it improves.

The intolerance to milk may have had something to do with him quitting the boob as well. About a week ago, Andrew decided he didn't want to breastfeed. I forced the issue for a little while but we were both miserable. I couldn't handle the blood curdling screams every time he saw my boob....so we have parted ways. I feel like he broke up with me! It was harder than I thought. I wanted to be the one to say when it was over....but he had a different idea. Oh well, at least I can go back to normal bras....adios nursing bras!!!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Normal bras! At least there's a silver lining. Sorry to hear it didn't get to be on Mommy's terms. Hope the soy will be the solution!

Nana said...

Sounds like our little boy is growing and that he has a mind of his own. In two days -- I will be able to see for myself. Can't wait to spend quality time with the boys. Love and hugs, Nanners

Mimi said...

So where’s the pictures. We need more photo's