Gavin , you are always saying this to us. We assume it was preschooler behavior or learned from one of your esteemed parents. "What did you say?" "Say it louder, I can't hear you?" And your dad and I always joke that you can't hear and that is why you don't follow directions or do what we ask! So I was a smidge alarmed, and must admit feeling a bit guilty, when you failed your hearing test at your 4 year wellness appointment. You were such a champ, going in to the audio room, putting your headphones on, showing that big sweet charming grin of yours, and you just kept on smiling....and smiling...and smiling. The nurse and I both waiting patiently for you to raise your hand when you heard the "beep" in your ears. Of course occasionally you would but most of the time you were just smiling!
So you failed your hearing test. Big deal! I am most certain you can hear because you don't miss a beat when you hear someone say your name from 3 rooms away and you most certainly heard your dad when he said "damn it" because you have repeated that many times. So I am pretty sure you can hear. Either way, you have scheduled yourself another doctors appointment my friend to recheck those ears of yours.
By the way you didn't really pass your eye exam either but I think the nurse let you slide on that one! (story for another day...lets just say from an eye chart that contained 3 pictures: a house, an apple, and umbrella.....you said everything was an umbrella or "part of an umbrella.") This I can attest to, you were truly being silly......on purpose!
However, you are growing like a weed. You weigh 43 1/2lbs (90th %) and are 43 1/2in tall (95th %). And Gavin, you were soooooooooooooo brave when you received 2 vaccinations. You didn't even shed a tear. I was so proud of you.....nice work little man!
1 comment:
Oh my dear Gavin--you are always a challenge. One never knows if you are teasing or not. I think you were put on this earth to challenge your mother. So far you are doing a great job of it. Actually you are way too smart for your britches. But--your Nana loves you very much just the way you are. Hugs.
Post a Comment