Last year on this very date, Gavin began to use the potty for the first time. I was so proud of my big boy and his determination to make it happen. Today, another milestone was reached...Gavin can ride his bike without training wheels. As I video taped this momentous occasion, I couldn't help but smile and cry at the same time. My little boy keeps growing up before my eyes. The same feelings I encountered a year ago were present today. I was so proud of his determination and courage, and the smile on his face throughout it all was simply priceless. After we came home, I got to work painting his bedroom and was already reminiscing about the big day. I was giggling to myself remembering how excited Gavin was to call his MiMi, Poppi and his Nana to share the big news. Then it came to me.....on this very day, 9 years ago, I lost my dad (Gavin's Papa, whom he never had the chance to meet). For a moment I got a little sad, but realized I shouldn't be. My dad would have loved a day like today and I know he was watching over us!
1 comment:
OK--know you have me crying. Yes, I know Papa is smiling down at his grandkids and is watching over everyone. Wow--Gavin can really go fast on the bike already. I'm so proud of him. I enjoyed talking with him on the web cam today. I also enjoyed Andrews big smile and watching him crawl around. Your boys are growing up fast--so enjoy every minute with them. Hugs and Kisses, Nanners
Post a Comment