Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"4 and a half"

I forgot what a big deal it is to be 4 1/2 or 5 3/4 or 35 11/12....to kids the 1/2 matters. It is means you are just that much closer to cake and presents! Because Gav has a summer birthday he was able to celebrate the ever important 4 1/2 at school and he loved every minute of it. He asked me to make Rice Krispie Treats which I obliged because well, they are easy to make and delicious! I thought Gavin must have had this before to request such a treat. As I gave him a sample of the finished product, he made an all too familiar face of disappoint and said "Too sticky mom!" His school friends enjoyed them anyway, even if the 1/2 birthday boy didn't!



1 comment:

Nana said...

Oh dear Gavin -- You are growing up way too fast. Happy 4 1/2 years old. I see you are still making silly faces. Love you and miss you so much. Hugs, Nana